Post Test NOT Tired For Once

I actually woke up feeling very refreshed this morning, not the usual so exhausted that I don’t even want to think about waking up that happens after a test.  My morning was very lazy because today was my late start for the week.  This set me up for a really good day overall.

Lecture today was back to Biochemistry, and like usual I felt like a survivor at the end.  Today we went through protein oxidation again focusing on specific steps that he says we don’t need to know but should understand.  I have no idea what that means.  Looks like I’ll be studying it all and hoping for the best.

Lab today was using electrodes to create an ElectroCardioGram (ECG) and listen to heart sounds. My group is very fun, but not the most organised.  We were the last group done and didn’t get through as much as we probably should have.  Luckily it isn’t graded on anything other than having been completed.  The professor asked us how the test went and we got to complain about the lack of time to answer questions.  Hopefully if we complain to all of the lecturers next year there will be some change and future students won’t have to deal with that nonsense.

After lab I took the bus into town and had sushi for lunch.  Salmon sashimi, miso soup, and green tea.  It was super delicious.  Then I took myself to the new-age-hippie-store and bought a Loreena Mckennitt CD for in my car.  Now all I have to do is figure out how to get the CD player to actually work.  After that I walked back to the bus stop, checked the time, and then got gelato.  Caramel Late flavoured gelato might be my new favourite thing.

Back at school I had a follow up appointment with the councillor.  Because I’d been having such a good day we had a quick check in and then worked on general stress lowering activities to help me with study stress.  This should help my overall health quite a bit.  I have one more appointment with her during the study break and if everything is still going well then I won’t need to see her again this year.  She has been a big help, I am very glad that I went to see her.

Now I am off to bed so that tomorrow can be another good day.  Grand Rounds are tomorrow, and my Cattle Handling practical if I’m feeling up to it (and the weather holds).


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s