First day of classes

Today I woke up (not so) bright and (very) early.  I was ready to go by 7:30am, but the flatmate who was taking us all to class wasn’t ready until later.  I got a ride to school and even managed to not be late to my first lecture.  Take that stupid nightmares.


First lecture (Animal Behaviour, Handling, and Welfare) was pretty crusey, mostly an introduction to the program as a whole and the class more specifically.  Second lecture was Psysiology and we had intro stuff as well as a short lecture.  Third lecture was Biochem which was mostly introductory, and finally (and thankfully in the same building as the lecturer ran late) Anatomy.  I’m really excited about Animal Behaviour, and the Anatomy professor seems really nice.  I’m not so sure on the others.  Biochem shouldn’t be too difficult as I passed a 100 level biochem paper this time last year, but physiology seems like it might give me a bit of trouble.  Some of my earlier papers covered a bit of physio, but this is more in-depth and the professor has a monotone voice.


After classes there was a short break where my lonely introverted self had lunch all by my onsie.  Then there was an introduction EXTRAVAGANZA where just about every part of the vet school came out to congratulate us and tell us what to expect.  We all filed into a big lecture theater with the vet tech students and sat while we were talked to from 12:45 until about 3:00pm.  Informative if not entertaining.  After they were done talking at us they took our school pictures and we were released onto the world.


I got a ride home from my other flatmate’s partner and then settled in at my desk to wait for my bestie to come help me assemble my bookshelf.  He was about an hour later than expected since he fell asleep after I finished texting with him around 3:30 when I escaped from the photo session.  When he finally did arrive, we found that the bookshelf was broken.  As in the big long side pieces were snapped about a foot from the bottom.  Nothing we could do but get it exchanged for a new one.  Only problem was that I didn’t have my receipt.  We went to the Warehouse Stationary anyway to see if they could help me out.  They were able to look up my receipt on the computer since it was only just yesterday and the shelves were exchanged with no problem.


The new shelf was brought home and assembled in about 2.5 hours.  It is now hulking in the corner of my room at the end of my bed holding everything from my new loom to my dry groceries to my various bookly bits.  He also helped me assemble the smaller shelf to go next to my desk.  It is now holding various things that are small enough to fit on it.  I’m not very organised but it works for now.


Once the bookshelf was set up, I moved things off of my dresser and was able to put up the TV and Xbox.  Which means that I am now fully moved in.  No excuses.  Tomorrow the real study starts and I pack for VLE.  I won’t be able to post while I am away but I will try to remember to jot down little notes in a paper journal while I am away so that I can post a mondo-post-of-doom upon my return.


Now is time to get ready for bed.  Another early start tomorrow.


2 thoughts on “First day of classes

  1. kittona3a3a3 says:

    Boo monotone voices! What’s VLE?

    • nzvetstudent says:

      VLE is the Veterinary Leadership Experience…we get to go to a camp type place and do group activities…i figure its the best way for me to meet people lol…hopefully it goes well

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s